- •Visceral Adipose Tissue Index (VATI) is associated with metabolic risk.
- •The amount of VATI and increased metabolic risk differs per gender.
- •VATI is a better predictor for metabolic risk than BMI.
- •To define visceral obesity, it is important to use gender and ethnicity specific reference values.
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
User LicenseCreative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) |
- Read, print & download
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
Elsevier's open access license policy